According to the scientists At Cancer Research in UK, size of overweight and obese people has significantly increased in the last 10 years and there is no much of size change in thin or slim people.
According to a latest study published in the International Journal of Obesity, overweight people have higher chances of being affected by cancer. In ten years from 1994 to 2004, male obesity has moved from 13.4 percent to 22.7 percent and female obesity increased from 15.8 percent to 22.4 percent.
Men waist limit increased by 3.38cm and women waist limit increased by 4.35cm. Dr Lesley Walker, director of cancer information at Cancer Research UK, said: "This research adds to the evidence that the UK is in the grip of an obesity epidemic. We know that high body weight increases the risk of a number of cancers and it is important we get this message out to as many people as possible.
"A healthy diet with plenty of fiber, fruit and vegetables as well as regular exercise can help people to lose weight and reduce their risk of cancer. Cancer Research UK, together with the charity Weight Concern, has devised Ten Top Tips to help people control their weight."
Some useful tips to help you lose weight and keep it off:
- Maintain a routine about your meals timing whether it is three times or five times a day.
- Go for reduced fat versions of food products like dairy products, spreads and salad
- Make walking as your daily habit and try to walk 10,000 steps everyday which you can count with the help of a pedometer
- Eat healthy snacks which may include fresh fruits, vegetables and low calorie yogurts
- Do not forget to check the labels on food items while purchasing them from a store.
- Be careful with your food size while making a choice about eating. Do not load too much food on your plate.
- When you have to sit for long hours in the office or in your business space, why not have a small walk after every hour or so.
- Drink high amount of water and keep limit on your alcohol consumption
- Do not forget to chew your food properly and never take your meal while watching TV.
- Don't forget your 5 a day. Eat at least five portions of fruit and vegetables a day (400g in total).